With China fast becoming a superpower to rival the USA, more and more people are becoming curious and wanting to visit this country. Many people find that Teaching English to Chinese students is an easy way to travel the country at low cost. Those working in China are required to obtain a Work Visa which will be arranged by their employers. For those who merely want to go to China to sightsee or visit family or friends you need to be issued with a Tourist visa.

Usually valid for 90 or 180 days from the date of issue, you can chose to get either a Single or Double Entry Tourist Visa, which is also know known as the “L” visa. The date of validity means that you are required to enter China within that amount of days. Don’t confuse this with the duration working visa agency hong kong of stay though: This is usually only 30 days after you enter China, so once you have entered the country on a Tourist Visa you will have to leave again within 30 days. Applying to a visa officer for approval is necessary if you plan to stay longer.

Don’t forget that if you leave Mainland China for either Hong Kong or Macau and wish to come back into Mainland China then you will need a Double Entry visa (or get a new Single Entry visa when in either Hong Kong or Macau). For the purpose of your visa, visiting those places is the same as leaving the country. To get the Tourist (L) Visa for China, you will need the following documents: Your passport, with at least 6 months of validity before expiry and at least one blank visa page left inside. A completed Application Form. A recent photo (2 x 2 square inch) of yourself. Staple or glue this to the Application Form. Bring these documents to the nearest Chinese Embassy or China Visa Service. If you are in the UK, the China Visa Service in London requires you to make an appointment. An alternative to this is asking a visa agent to submit your documents on your behalf. These agents have appointments every day at the Visa office so can speed things up a bit by applying for you.

Normally, process time for your visa is 4 working days. A faster “Express service” can be done in 2 to 3 working days. Same day service at the time of writing has been discontinued in the China Visa Service in London.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *