Dentistry is a very wide and broad branch of medicine. It involves a series of studies, diagnosis and treatments about dental-related issues. In connection to this, dentistry is properly manned by dental practitioners called as dentists. Dentists are dental surgeons that specialize in treating and diagnosing all kinds of oral diseases. Most of these dental surgeons are running with dental assistants, dental hygienists, dental technicians and dental therapists to properly maintain the aesthetics and wellness of the person’s teeth. Essentially, dentists work with a myriad of dental services and these are:
1. Bridging – is a dental restoration method that is performed by professional dentists. Bridging is actually used to replace a missing tooth that is why it is also clinically called as the fixed partial denture.
2. Dental Implants and Dentures – is a type of dental service that is performed by a dental practitioner called periodontist. Dental implants are composed of artificial tooth that is affixed directly to the person’s jaw. Unlike dentures, implants are fixed and can no longer 牙科醫生推薦 be removed. On the other hand, dentures are also artificial set of teeth to replace a natural one. They are made from metal or plastic.
3. Invisalign – is a renowned Orthodontic treatment that utilizes 3D imagining technology. They are clear aligners that can be used by adults, teens and even kids. In most cases, invisalign teeth aligners are used as an alternative for traditional dental braces.
4. Crowns – are a type of dental service that is used to restore the patient’s teeth due to tooth decay. They are directly fitted on the remaining part of the tooth so as to make it much stronger as well as creating a perfect shape just like a natural tooth. A good emergency dentist can do this for you.
5. Oral Prophylaxis – this type of dental service involves tooth polishing and scaling. Moreover, this method is also utilized by most dental practitioners in order to remove tartar particularly to hard-reached areas of the mouth that even dental flossing and brushing can’t even remove.
6. Orthodontics – are a kind of dental treatment that can improve the oral health and smile of a person. Problems like crowded teeth, incorrect jaw positions and jaw joint disorders can be professionally catered through this treatment.
7. Fillings – is used by dentist to cover holes in a tooth that is caused by tooth decay. Amalgam is one of the filling types carried out by a dentist; it is composed of various kinds of metals including zinc, tin, mercury, silver and copper.
8. Root Canal Treatment – or also known as endodontics, is a dental treatment that focuses on the center of the tooth. Essentially, this method is performed to remove all the infections exist in the root canal system.
9. Braces – are also a type of Orthodontic treatment that can enhance the aesthetics of the teeth. These are greatly made from ceramic or plastic and metal. Factually, braces are removable thus it can properly clean and can be taken out